Re: Looking for RF modulators

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
      2600 is my application as well.

      With the old RF modulator, the games appeared on my TV with lots of
      static and warped images. Then I plugged in the coax adapter instead
      and 99% of the problems were solved.

      Not to sound like an infomercial, but these things really do work!!

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...>

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
        I have a box of various original RF adapters from various computers and
        game systems 70's-80's. A lot of these are time damaged, and that's
        usually the cause of the static. There is no real difference between a
        newer "Nintendo" style RF with a Co-ax connector, and the older version
        with 75/300 ohm switch in good working condition. Of course you need a
        co-ax converter too, which can add static if that's not in good
        shape. It's really not a bad idea to break down and go to Radio Shack and
        be done with it.
        Bill D

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
          Joe,

          If the device already produces output on a TV channel, you need an A/B switch
          - try Radio Shack. Sources for an actual RF modulator (composit video in, TV
          channel 3 out): MCM Electronics, your favorite search engine, eBay.

          > Kelly Leavitt wrote:
          >
          > >At least I think that's what they were called. I'm looking for those
          > little
          > >external switches to connect classics up to the cable inputs of "standard"
          > >TVs. Any sources for the old style ones? I found one place that had them
          > for
          > >$4.95 each. Can't find it again.
          > >
          > >Thanks for any help.
          > >
          > >Kelly
          > >

          > http://www.baysoftgames.com/rfswitch.html
          >
          > Froogle is your friend.
          >
          > Joe

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
            Yup, those are called RCA-to-coax adapters, you must've joined this thread late.  :)

            Say, Alfred, I don't think we have seen you here before.  Please introduce yourself.  (Yahoo profile says you're in Texas ... all are welcome here but as you may have read we're basically a mid-Atlantic group.)

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
              There are lots of coax connectors, but the ones used by cable/TV
              are called "F" connectors. There's a chance that if you ask for
              generic coax stuff, the guy at Radio Shack might point you to the
              PL-259s, SO-239s, etc (do they even stock those anymore?).

              Bob

              Evan <evan947@...> wrote :

              > Yup, those are called RCA-to-coax adapters, you must've joined this
              > thread late.  :)
              >
              > Say, Alfred, I don't think we have seen you here before.  Please
              > introduce yourself.  (Yahoo profile says you're in Texas ... all are
              > welcome here but as you may have read we're basically a mid-Atlantic
              > group.)
              >

              > From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              > [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alfred
              > ByrneSent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:33 AMTo:
              > midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [midatlanticretro]
              > Looking for RF modulators
              >
              > Radio Shack has a cable adapter to adapt an RCA jack to the cable
              > connector on the back of the TV. On the new cable ready TV set
              > you don't need a 75 to 300 ohm converter/switch box.Chris M
              > <chrism3667@...> wrote:
              >
              > what
              > do you mean by old style? Old style TVs didnthave cable inputs. You
              > connected cable to the antennajacks by way of an impedance
              > matcher/adapter.Depending on what classic yer talking about, you
              > dontneed modulation, just a switch (those switches mayalso convert 75
              > to 300 ohms). Frinstance, the C64output channel 3 through the rca jack,
              > carrierlesscomposite video through the round din connector.---
              > midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com<starbase89@...>
              > wrote:> Kelly Leavitt wrote:> > >At least I think
              > that's what they were called. I'mlooking for those little>
              > >external switches to connect classics up to thecable inputs of
              > "standard"> >TVs. Any sources for the old style ones? I foundone
              > place that had them for> >$4.95 each. Can't find it again.>
              > >  > >>
              >

              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >

              >  Visit your group "

              ___________________________________
              NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
            • Alfred Byrne
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
                Hi Everyone,
                Yes I live in Ft. Worth, Texas.
                Joined the group a week or two ago. I was scanning
                the group section for Tandy related information. I
                have
                a Tandy 1000sx and a couple of Color Computers.
                Also hace a Packard Bell 8088 and a home-built
                286-16mhz
                system to play bouncing babys and wing commander.
                Started in computers when I built a s100 bus system in

                the early 70's using a z80 cpu.
                I have about 30 computer in all, Apple Mac's, Dos,
                Windows
                and Linux, Z80 to p4.

                --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

                > Yup, those are called RCA-to-coax adapters, you
                > must've joined this thread
                > late. :)
                >
                > Say, Alfred, I don't think we have seen you here
                > before. Please introduce
                > yourself. (Yahoo profile says you're in Texas ...
                > all are welcome here but
                > as you may have read we're basically a mid-Atlantic
                > group.)
                >
                > _____

                =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
                > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

                2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
                > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

                2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
                > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
                > Field

                ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
                > SwdHWZfg> trip
                >
                > _____
                >
                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                >

                > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
                > on the web.

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service
                > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                >

                > _____

                Alfred L. Byrne
              • Alfred Byrne
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
                  Sounds like you guys a getting ready for some
                  shin-dig.

                  Alfred L. Byrne