Re: [midatlanticretro] Some SBC Stuff

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2011
      At 10:14 PM 9/17/2011, you wrote:
      >On 09/13/2011 06:56 PM, B Degnan wrote:
      > > Not sure yet if I will bring either of these to VCF MW, but I have
      > > started working on two more single board computers. The VIM-1
      > > (mentioned post earlier) and the Rockwell AIM 65.
      > >
      > > Here are some pictures
      > >
      > > http://vintagecomputer.net/synertek/
      > >
      > > http://vintagecomputer.net/rockwell/R6500/
      > >
      > > The systems work (so far), the Rockwell has BASIC.
      >
      > I'm drooling, here. I have a big SBC and eval board fetish. One of
      >my rarest is an eval board for AMD's Am2901 bit-slice processor. I've
      >always wanted an AIM-65 and a KIM-1, but have never had the opportunity
      >to score one.
      >
      > -Dave

      I'm less into the trainers than the production SBC's. Staying in the
      6502 groove tonight I determined which RAM was bad on my OSI
      Challenger 1P (which is the OSI 600 SBC with a case), now I have 8K
      to play with. I am going to try to tackle cassette storage
      next. I have the thing completely taken apart with the 600 board
      on it's side so that I can test voltages and such. Why they made it
      so that you had to completely disassemble the system to do any work
      is beyond me, but so be it. Also happy that I had 4 4116 chips to
      use as replacement RAM

      I have taken 30 minutes away to let the system completely sit idel,
      then hopefully the same 8K will report upon my return...I will post pics soon,

      Not sure if I mentioned before but I have already posted pics for the
      Rockwell AIM 65 and Synertek VIM-1 on my site, and a little on the Challenger.

      Now that my work area has been completely reorganized it's so much
      easier to grab stuff, make cables, etc. I have been able to improve
      my productivity a lot. I sorted every chip, every connector, all of
      the cables, boards, everything by make and model. If you're ever in
      the area stop by.

      bd