Anyone have... Cray J90 Install CD (for Solaris)

  • telmnstr@757.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2011
      I'm working to get a Cray J932SE system running.

      I've hit a roadblock in that the SWS (the management workstation which is
      a Sun Sparcstation 5) is missing a utility called bootsys. I think this
      utility is used to move an image of a running system into RAM. This is
      during the initial install. Then UNICOS is kicked off of the RAM image and
      the system is brought onto the network, file systems created and binaries
      transferred into the system via ethernet.

      There is a j90help utility on the Unicos distro mentions a CD-ROM disc
      that is installed on the Sun Workstation after Solaris is installed. It's
      supposed to contain some utilities that are used by the system.

      I'm wondering if this supplies this missing bootsys utility.

      The Unicos OS CD contains other scripts that attempt to prepare the Sun
      workstation, so it's a bit unknown what exactly is on the CD mentioned in
      the help file.

      I'm looking for that CD....