Re: floppy tape drives available

  • chrism3667
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...>
      wrote:

      > Tape drive that connects to the floppy interface. Made popular by
      Mountain,
      > Colorado, et al.

      Ahhh, now I understand. It was rather perplexing at first teehee.
      Actually I'm not so sure my unit runs of the floppy. It could I guess.
      Never studied it in detail. And my ATjr pooped the bed :(.
    • Degnan
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        There were drives that had the same protocols as a floppy but were
        tapes. I have two or three of various ilks with documentation.
        This was a way to have a 5/7.5 MB "floppy" for backups, etc. Tallgrass
        was one of the early ones.
        Bill

        At Thursday, 2 February 2006, you wrote:

        >what the h is a floppy tape drive? I have an old
        >Colorado unit in my ATjr...it don't flop at all
        >though.
        >
        >--- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
        >
        >> I have a box full. Don't know which work, or which
        >> don't. Some Colorado,
        >> Exabyte, Connor, HP, others. 6 in all.
        >>
        >> Free, just cover shipping from 07461 (Wantage, NJ)
        >> if anyone has a need for
        >> them.
        >>
        >> Kelly

        -- E N D --