RE: [midatlanticretro] floppy tape drives available

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
      Tape drive that connects to the floppy interface. Made popular by Mountain,
      Colorado, et al.

    • chrism3667
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...>
        wrote:

        > Tape drive that connects to the floppy interface. Made popular by
        Mountain,
        > Colorado, et al.

        Ahhh, now I understand. It was rather perplexing at first teehee.
        Actually I'm not so sure my unit runs of the floppy. It could I guess.
        Never studied it in detail. And my ATjr pooped the bed :(.
      • Degnan
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
          There were drives that had the same protocols as a floppy but were
          tapes. I have two or three of various ilks with documentation.
          This was a way to have a 5/7.5 MB "floppy" for backups, etc. Tallgrass
          was one of the early ones.
          Bill

          At Thursday, 2 February 2006, you wrote:

          >what the h is a floppy tape drive? I have an old
          >Colorado unit in my ATjr...it don't flop at all
          >though.
          >
          >--- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I have a box full. Don't know which work, or which
          >> don't. Some Colorado,
          >> Exabyte, Connor, HP, others. 6 in all.
          >>
          >> Free, just cover shipping from 07461 (Wantage, NJ)
          >> if anyone has a need for
          >> them.
          >>
          >> Kelly

          -- E N D --