Re: [midatlanticretro] floppy tape drives available

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
      what the h is a floppy tape drive? I have an old
      Colorado unit in my ATjr...it don't flop at all
      though.

      --- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

      > I have a box full. Don't know which work, or which
      > don't. Some Colorado,
      > Exabyte, Connor, HP, others. 6 in all.
      >
      > Free, just cover shipping from 07461 (Wantage, NJ)
      > if anyone has a need for
      > them.
      >
      > Kelly

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        Tape drive that connects to the floppy interface. Made popular by Mountain,
        Colorado, et al.

      • chrism3667
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...>
          wrote:

          > Tape drive that connects to the floppy interface. Made popular by
          Mountain,
          > Colorado, et al.

          Ahhh, now I understand. It was rather perplexing at first teehee.
          Actually I'm not so sure my unit runs of the floppy. It could I guess.
          Never studied it in detail. And my ATjr pooped the bed :(.
        • Degnan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
            There were drives that had the same protocols as a floppy but were
            tapes. I have two or three of various ilks with documentation.
            This was a way to have a 5/7.5 MB "floppy" for backups, etc. Tallgrass
            was one of the early ones.
            Bill

            At Thursday, 2 February 2006, you wrote:

            >what the h is a floppy tape drive? I have an old
            >Colorado unit in my ATjr...it don't flop at all
            >though.
            >
            >--- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
            >
            >> I have a box full. Don't know which work, or which
            >> don't. Some Colorado,
            >> Exabyte, Connor, HP, others. 6 in all.
            >>
            >> Free, just cover shipping from 07461 (Wantage, NJ)
            >> if anyone has a need for
            >> them.
            >>
            >> Kelly

            -- E N D --