Kilobaud Micro, October, November 1979?

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9 11:02 AM
      Hi,

      Does anybody have a copies of the October and November 1979 issues of
      Kilobaud Microcomputing that they would be willing to scan an article from?
      I can't seem to find on the net anywhere. I would like to read:

      Thoughts on the SWTP computer system. Part 6. A close look at three of the
      six disk systems that are available for the SWTP. They are:
      LFD-400 from Percom, BFD-68 from Smoke Signal Broadcasting and MF-68 from
      SWTP.
      KILOBAUD MICROCOMPUTING #34 Oct 1979 pg. 30

      Thoughts on the SWTP computer system. Part 6 (continued). An in-depth look
      at the Percom LFD-400 disk system.
      KILOBAUD MICROCOMPUTING #35 Nov 1979 pg. 86

      Maybe also, this if you are feeling generous:

      Product review of Percom's LFD-400 floppy disk system for the SS-50 bus.
      KILOBAUD MICROCOMPUTING #26 Feb 1979 pg. 80

      Thanks,
      Bill
    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9 11:05 AM
        I have them and will scan for you.

        BillDrom
        Does anybody have a copies of the October and November 1979 issues of
        Kilobaud Microcomputing that they would be willing to scan an article from?
        I can't seem to find on the net anywhere.  I would like to read:

        Thoughts on the SWTP computer system. Part 6. A close look at three of the
        six disk systems that are available for the SWTP. They are:
        LFD-400 from Percom, BFD-68 from Smoke Signal Broadcasting and MF-68 from
        SWTP.
        KILOBAUD MICROCOMPUTING #34 Oct 1979 pg. 30

        Thoughts on the SWTP computer system. Part 6 (continued). An in-depth look
        at the Percom LFD-400 disk system.
        KILOBAUD MICROCOMPUTING #35 Nov 1979 pg. 86

        Maybe also, this if you are feeling generous:

        Product review of Percom's LFD-400 floppy disk system for the SS-50 bus.
        KILOBAUD MICROCOMPUTING #26 Feb 1979 pg. 80

        Thanks,

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9 11:17 AM
          I will host them on vintagecomputer.net if you'd like.  I have these too, if needed.
          bd

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9 11:32 AM

            Thanks a lot!  I’m currently restoring an SWTPC 6800 with the LFD-400.

            I have it up to the point where I can jump from SWTBUG into the Percom

            MINIDOS ROM.  I get a ‘>’ prompt and it echos whatever I type.  I’ve tried

            guessing some commands… “DIR”, “LIST”, “BOOT” but it always responds

            with “ERROR”.  I’m hoping for a list of commands and I’m suspecting that

            it wants some RAM above $8000.  I think the system was originally configured

            that way.  If anybody has any pointers to the switch settings on the GiMiX

            16K static memory card (currently pulled from the system) I would appreciate

            that as well.

            Bill

[...]

            No virus found in this message.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 9 3:42 PM
              >>> Does anybody have a copies of the October and November 1979 issues of Kilobaud Microcomputing that they would be willing to scan

              We do -- I think -- have to check.

              But I just saw the other replies. Sounds like you're all set.