Re: [midatlanticretro] 9762 Cray pack recovery (fwd)

  • c f
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
      I really need to do a writeup on my website about that (aside from the final report I wrote that they have hosted).

      -Chris

      On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

      For those of you not on CCtalk - this is some serious data recovery!

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
        Chris:

        Please keep us updated on your data recovery project. I worked on
        similar drives back in the day, including cleaning, replacing heads and
        alignments, and your project blows my mind.

        On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, c f wrote:

        > I really need to do a writeup on my website about that (aside from the final
        > report I wrote that they have hosted).
        >
        > -Chris
        >
        > On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...>wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> For those of you not on CCtalk - this is some serious data recovery!
        >>
        >> Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        >> Old Technology http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

      • Barry L. Kline
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
          On 09/07/2011 02:36 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:

          > Please keep us updated on your data recovery project. I worked on
          > similar drives back in the day, including cleaning, replacing heads and
          > alignments, and your project blows my mind.

          I just finished reading the paper... what a wonderful piece of work.
          Very impressive!

          Barry