Re: [midatlanticretro] Good day @ museum

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
      Oh, and Jeff J. brought us some very useful hard plastic display stands.

      We need a new emailer. I'm too disorganized. :)

      From: "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
      Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 00:05:24
      To: MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Good day @ museum

      I got to the museum at 11am today and gave a tour to new MARCHin Alex Jacock and his spouse. Jeff B. and Jeff J. arrived at 1-ish. We had a good flow of visitors today including a group of underprivileged middle-school and high school girls. We also made some changes to the consumer microcomputer exhibit. We moved the TI-994/A onto a shelf and put the C-64 in its place, so now there's a big empty spot (one desk + associated wall space and an overhead shelf) for our first "members exhibit" .... I'm still waiting for proposals. In addition, we added a few more computers to the shelf display (vs. full systems) -- we added an Atari 1040 ST and a Tandy CoCo 3.

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
          > You should have mentioned the guy who was whistling the theme to "Raiders Of The Lost Ark"

          Oh yeah, that was pretty funny. Everyone: a visitor walked down the
          hallway when the software happened to be playing the Indiana Jones theme
          song. The guy wasn't interested in our particular exhibits, but that
          didn't stop him from whistling along. It's a catchy tune, you know? The
          funniest part was how enthusiastic he was about it -- highs, lows,
          multiple verses, and everything. He strolled away with the song in his
          head. He wasn't even doing it for our amusement, I just happened to
          catch it.