Re: [midatlanticretro] Good day @ museum

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
      On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      I got to the museum at 11am today and gave a tour to new MARCHin Alex Jacock and his spouse. Jeff B.

      Thanks again to Evan for giving my wife Amy and I a fantastic tour.  The facility is much more than I was expecting, and the prospects for the future look bright!

      I hope to get a chance to meet more members, soon.  I'd also love to get the time to spend some serious hours looking at the collections of the other InfoAge members.

      - Alex
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
        Forgot to mention: Jeff B. brought in a bunch of new SID music for the C-64. We were all tired of listening to the same batch of songs. Now we have new, fresh hits, like "Ghostbusters" and the theme song from Disney's "It's a Small World". :)

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
          Oh, and Jeff J. brought us some very useful hard plastic display stands.

          We need a new emailer. I'm too disorganized. :)

[...]

        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
              > You should have mentioned the guy who was whistling the theme to "Raiders Of The Lost Ark"

              Oh yeah, that was pretty funny. Everyone: a visitor walked down the
              hallway when the software happened to be playing the Indiana Jones theme
              song. The guy wasn't interested in our particular exhibits, but that
              didn't stop him from whistling along. It's a catchy tune, you know? The
              funniest part was how enthusiastic he was about it -- highs, lows,
              multiple verses, and everything. He strolled away with the song in his
              head. He wasn't even doing it for our amusement, I just happened to
              catch it.