Good day @ museum

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
      I got to the museum at 11am today and gave a tour to new MARCHin Alex Jacock and his spouse. Jeff B. and Jeff J. arrived at 1-ish. We had a good flow of visitors today including a group of underprivileged middle-school and high school girls. We also made some changes to the consumer microcomputer exhibit. We moved the TI-994/A onto a shelf and put the C-64 in its place, so now there's a big empty spot (one desk + associated wall space and an overhead shelf) for our first "members exhibit" .... I'm still waiting for proposals. In addition, we added a few more computers to the shelf display (vs. full systems) -- we added an Atari 1040 ST and a Tandy CoCo 3.
    • J. Alexander Jacocks
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
        On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        I got to the museum at 11am today and gave a tour to new MARCHin Alex Jacock and his spouse. Jeff B.

        Thanks again to Evan for giving my wife Amy and I a fantastic tour.  The facility is much more than I was expecting, and the prospects for the future look bright!

        I hope to get a chance to meet more members, soon.  I'd also love to get the time to spend some serious hours looking at the collections of the other InfoAge members.

        - Alex
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
          Forgot to mention: Jeff B. brought in a bunch of new SID music for the C-64. We were all tired of listening to the same batch of songs. Now we have new, fresh hits, like "Ghostbusters" and the theme song from Disney's "It's a Small World". :)

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
            Oh, and Jeff J. brought us some very useful hard plastic display stands.

            We need a new emailer. I'm too disorganized. :)

[...]

          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
                > You should have mentioned the guy who was whistling the theme to "Raiders Of The Lost Ark"

                Oh yeah, that was pretty funny. Everyone: a visitor walked down the
                hallway when the software happened to be playing the Indiana Jones theme
                song. The guy wasn't interested in our particular exhibits, but that
                didn't stop him from whistling along. It's a catchy tune, you know? The
                funniest part was how enthusiastic he was about it -- highs, lows,
                multiple verses, and everything. He strolled away with the song in his
                head. He wasn't even doing it for our amusement, I just happened to
                catch it.