Re: Heathkit Getting Back In The Kit Business

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2011
      I'm in touch now with Robert Doerr, the owner of the original HERO line from Heath. I'll report his remarks to me in a few days. Short story is that he's repaired and updated the HERO for some time now and has an inventory of old and new parts. He's also active in personal robots past, and presently with "battlebots". And, he acknowledges his vintage computing roots. Details will be on my site and a link will be posted here.

      This is an interesting story in how "retrotechnology" works, which is why it's on my Web pages.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com
    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2011
        http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/heath_robot.html

        Robert Doerr, current owner of Heathkit's HERO product line, discussed the status of his HERO efforts. Encourage him to update his HERO pages and projects! He's also doing some "battlebot" stuff which seems to be popular these days.

        Herb Johnson
        retrotechnology.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5, 2011
          > http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/heath_robot.html
          >
          > Robert Doerr, current owner of Heathkit's HERO product line, discussed the status of his HERO efforts. Encourage him to update his HERO pages and projects! He's also doing some "battlebot" stuff which seems to be popular these days.

          His web page indicates a location in metro Detroit. He'd a be a great
          guest speaker for VCF Midwest.