CHM exhibit credits

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2011
      The Computer History Museum (the BIG one in Mountain View, Calif.) finally posted the credits page for their new "Revolution" exhibit. I'm cited in the Mobile Computing exhibit. Degnan helped out too, by sharing information and artifacts, but they only cited people who helped with the historical "script" for the exhibit text. Anyway, it's nice.

      http://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/credits

      As previously discussed here in MARCH, we'll do something similar when the time comes to move into an H-building at InfoAge.
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2011
        Congrats..

        It's terrible that Degnan wasn't mentioned..

        All people who contributed should be.
        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2011
          As far as I was concerned, I participated for a few months in an
          email thread about mobile computing, don't remember the substance,
          but mostly it was about the time line of mobile computing. I was
          asked to loan a few items to the museum, but they found another
          source when I was not overly responsive about it. No recognition of me needed.
          Bill

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2011
            >>> As far as I was concerned, I participated for a few months in an
            email thread about mobile computing, don't remember the substance,
            but mostly it was about the time line of mobile computing.

            I remember it different. The content that I worked on was far from just a timeline. It contained the actual text for their physical signage and web site. I and others were asked to give feedback and suggestions. Bill, I'm not sure if you were copied on those messages.

            >>> they found another source

            I didn't know that. My mistake then.
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2011
              Evan,

              Way cool. Now AIRC we have already discussed that MARCH will never [never say never] have CHM-style funding, but apparently MARCH can out-do them in one area which would be display credits. Anyone can do good signage, we can do excellent signage with credits.

              Jim