Re: [midatlanticretro] Infoage

    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 28, 2011
      On 08/28/2011 05:12 PM, system@... wrote:
      >> Yup, it was ALL hype.
      >>
      >> ...with fifteen dead, three million without power, widespread
      >> flooding in coastal areas of eight states, and public transit in the
      >> country's largest city shut down.
      >
      > Are you counting the guy who had the heart attack or the several destined-
      > to-be" nominees for this year's Darwin awards in that figure?

      Oh, you mean the "SURF'S UP, DUUUUDE!" idiots who seem to think that
      surfing during a hurricane is a good idea? I'm right there with you on
      that. I laughed my ass off when I read about those morons. There was a
      time when I'd have been sad about it, but...that time has passed. Some
      people are just too damn stupid.

      > People were
      > warned with certainly far more warning than we got for the storm that hit
      > here one month ago.

      Absolutely. I remember that monstrosity.

      >> Nothing but hype!
      >
      > In a relative way, yes.
      >
      > Hey, I made it through a "tough slog", whatever that's supposed to mean.
      >
      > Anyway, I rode it out...

      Wel...I'm glad to hear you're ok.

      Dave McGuire
      Port Charlotte, FL
    • Alexey Toptygin
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 29, 2011
        On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, Christopher Blackmon wrote:

        > Garner, just SE of Raleigh.

        Didn't realize there was anyone else near me: I'm in Raleigh, a block away
        from the border with Cary.

        Alexey