Re: [midatlanticretro] Fun idea for museum decorations ....

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
      I have a movie of me playing with the Merlin game that I got for
      Easter 1978 or so.
      Bill

      At 09:55 PM 8/27/2011, you wrote:
      >I visited my dad on the way home from InfoAge today, and he showed me a
      >family photo album that he found recently. Here's a picture of my
      >brother and I (I'm "#24" on the left), circa 78 or 79, when we got an
      >Atari VCS (pre-"2600" name) for Chanukah. You can see the Atari box in
      >the background, a Space Invaders box on the ground, and some other presents.
      >
      >Unfortunately we couldn't find any pictures with my Apple IIe. Darn it! :(
      >
      >But I remembered that Jeff J. posted a picture of himself in college by
      >an IBM 1130 ....
      >
      >So here's the idea: all MARCHins should find such pictures of themselves
      >by vintage computer gear. Post them here over the next few days / weeks,
      >and then I'll compile them into a big poster to hand in our museum.

    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
        On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, B Degnan wrote:

        >> Right, I mean back when the gear was modern. :) Sorry if that wasn't
        >> clear.
        >
        > I think that Mike means that he was not 28 when SAGE was new, it was
        > already "vintage"...or Mike you wear it well!

        When the gear was "modern"? How about when the gear was still
        operational? :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
          > I have a movie of me playing with the Merlin game that I got for Easter 1978 or so.
          > Bill

          Send a pic capture.

          And bottom-post!!
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
            >>> Right, I mean back when the gear was modern. :) Sorry if that wasn't
            >>> clear.
            >> I think that Mike means that he was not 28 when SAGE was new, it was
            >> already "vintage"...or Mike you wear it well!
            > When the gear was "modern"? How about when the gear was still
            > operational? :-)

            Well, let's go with "still widely in use" .... plenty of gear in our
            collections is "operational" in 2011 but those aren't the pictures we
            want for this purpose.