Fun idea for museum decorations ....

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
      I visited my dad on the way home from InfoAge today, and he showed me a
      family photo album that he found recently. Here's a picture of my
      brother and I (I'm "#24" on the left), circa 78 or 79, when we got an
      Atari VCS (pre-"2600" name) for Chanukah. You can see the Atari box in
      the background, a Space Invaders box on the ground, and some other presents.

      Unfortunately we couldn't find any pictures with my Apple IIe. Darn it! :(

      But I remembered that Jeff J. posted a picture of himself in college by
      an IBM 1130 ....

      So here's the idea: all MARCHins should find such pictures of themselves
      by vintage computer gear. Post them here over the next few days / weeks,
      and then I'll compile them into a big poster to hand in our museum.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
        On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > So here's the idea: all MARCHins should find such pictures of themselves
        > by vintage computer gear. Post them here over the next few days / weeks,
        > and then I'll compile them into a big poster to hand in our museum.

        Do you mean "back in the day", or just any old shots of us with vintage
        gear? I have some pics of me and the SAGE system, when I was a skinny 28
        year old.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
          >> So here's the idea: all MARCHins should find such pictures of themselves by vintage computer gear. Post them here over the next few days / weeks, and then I'll compile them into a big poster to hand in our museum.
          > Do you mean "back in the day", or just any old shots of us with vintage gear? I have some pics of me and the SAGE system, when I was a skinny 28 year old.

          Right, I mean back when the gear was modern. :) Sorry if that wasn't
          clear.
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
            At 10:01 PM 8/27/2011, you wrote:

            > >> So here's the idea: all MARCHins should find such pictures of
            > themselves by vintage computer gear. Post them here over the next
            > few days / weeks, and then I'll compile them into a big poster to
            > hand in our museum.
            > > Do you mean "back in the day", or just any old shots of us with
            > vintage gear? I have some pics of me and the SAGE system, when I
            > was a skinny 28 year old.
            >
            >Right, I mean back when the gear was modern. :) Sorry if that wasn't
            >clear.

            I think that Mike means that he was not 28 when SAGE was new, it was
            already "vintage"...or Mike you wear it well!
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
              I have a movie of me playing with the Merlin game that I got for
              Easter 1978 or so.
              Bill

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
                On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, B Degnan wrote:

                >> Right, I mean back when the gear was modern. :) Sorry if that wasn't
                >> clear.
                >
                > I think that Mike means that he was not 28 when SAGE was new, it was
                > already "vintage"...or Mike you wear it well!

                When the gear was "modern"? How about when the gear was still
                operational? :-)

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
                  > I have a movie of me playing with the Merlin game that I got for Easter 1978 or so.
                  > Bill

                  Send a pic capture.

                  And bottom-post!!
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
                    >>> Right, I mean back when the gear was modern. :) Sorry if that wasn't
                    >>> clear.
                    >> I think that Mike means that he was not 28 when SAGE was new, it was
                    >> already "vintage"...or Mike you wear it well!
                    > When the gear was "modern"? How about when the gear was still
                    > operational? :-)

                    Well, let's go with "still widely in use" .... plenty of gear in our
                    collections is "operational" in 2011 but those aren't the pictures we
                    want for this purpose.