Tomorrow morning @ InfoAge

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2011
      Jeff Jonas and I will be at the museum at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

      Lower-lying parts of Wall Township are being evacuated. InfoAge is on
      higher ground, and although we're next to a river, it is down a
      substantial cliff, so we should be okay from any major flooding -- at
      least at the ground-level buildings. We'll put as much as possible onto
      tables / shelves / piles and, if possible, we'll attempt to entirely
      relocate anything fragile or valuable. After that, we'll help with
      InfoAge-wide preparations, but from what I understand much was done today.

      More helpers are still urged for tomorrow morning. Any who helps should
      be prepared to lift and schlep.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2011
        > Jeff Jonas and I will be at the museum at 8:30 tomorrow morning.
        >
        > Lower-lying parts of Wall Township are being evacuated. InfoAge is on higher ground, and although we're next to a river, it is down a substantial cliff, so we should be okay from any major flooding -- at least at the ground-level buildings. We'll put as much as possible onto tables / shelves / piles and, if possible, we'll attempt to entirely relocate anything fragile or valuable. After that, we'll help with InfoAge-wide preparations, but from what I understand much was done today.
        >
        > More helpers are still urged for tomorrow morning. Any who helps should be prepared to lift and schlep.

        So, this morning we did what we said we'd do. We got as much stuff off
        the basement floor (and off of bottom shelves) as we possibly could.
        Then we helped Steve place sandbags to direct water toward drains and
        pumps. I hope it's enough.
      • Timothy Fagan
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2011
          Here's hoping all of you along Irene's path stay safe, and don't suffer any damage!

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 27, 2011
            On 08/27/2011 02:03 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > So, this morning we did what we said we'd do. We got as much stuff off
            > the basement floor (and off of bottom shelves) as we possibly could.
            > Then we helped Steve place sandbags to direct water toward drains and
            > pumps. I hope it's enough.

            Sending good thoughts your way. Good luck my friend.

            Dave McGuire
            Port Charlotte, FL