Museum hurrican prep

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 25, 2011
      I'd like to do some hurricane prep Saturday at the museum. Move things off basement floor, away from any leaky H-building windows, etc. ... can anyone join me? Time to be determined.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 25, 2011
        I can help, but I’m not sure what time yet.

        Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:30 PM
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] Museum hurrican prep

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 25, 2011
          I'd like to start early Saturday.

          The most water we ever saw in the hotel basement was maybe a half-inch, scattered in puddles, and none at all in our section of the basement ever since IA volunteers made some outdoor changes around the building a couple of years ago. Most of our items down there are already up on pallets. We can move as much as possible to higher levels.

          The more helpers, the better.

          IA is closed to visitors Sunday.
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 26, 2011
            "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

            >I'd like to start early Saturday.
            >

            >The more helpers, the better.
            >
            >IA is closed to visitors Sunday.

            I'd like to help but I fear that I'll be busy here with my own, personal,
            storm preparation. We're still cleaning up fallen trees from the July 29
            storm that ripped through here and left of without power for 44 hours and
            we've seen two very similar storms since.

            FWIW, I drove by the Freehold Boro School's bus depot and they had a sign
            out front stating: FREE PALLETS. My vehicle is in the shop at the moment
            or I'd drop in and load my trailer with them for the museum. If you need
            pallets, I can tell you where this is but I would think you'd have to get
            there today. Since it is a school, the bus depot is likely to be closed
            over the weekend.
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 26, 2011
              >>> I'd like to start early Saturday.

              Anybody? So far just me and Jeff B. ....
            • Madodel
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 26, 2011

                > Anybody? So far just me and Jeff B. ....
                >

                > ------------------------------------

                Evan,

                I wish I could but I have to drive my daughter to college on Saturday.

                Mark

                --
                Madodel<madodel@...> sent by ibisMail!
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 26, 2011
                  I have to care for my mom and on top of it all public transportation will be shut in the city tomorrow @ noon
                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 26, 2011
                    Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

                    >I have to care for my mom and on top of it all public transportation
                    >will be shut in the city tomorrow @ noon

                    Mayor Bloom'ing-idiot'berg for ya. The storm won't hit Manhattan until
                    mid-afternoon Sunday.

                    Evan's area is, at least, high up. I wonder about all the boats docked
                    in Shark River Hills below it and how they'll fair.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 26, 2011
                      Guys -- no need to justify * not * helping us -- I totally understand that everyone has circumstances. Right now I need to hear from those who * can * help early tomorrow morning.
                    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 26, 2011
                        FYI, as of 20:00 this evening, the southbound lanes of the Garden State
                        Parkway will be closed south of exit 98. Evan, if you take the GSP, you
                        should be OK as you can get off at exit 98 to Rt.138/I-195 to get to Rt.
                        18. That's the plan now. The powers that be may decide to close the
                        GSP at an exit farther north before all this storm nonsense subsides.
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 26, 2011
                          > FYI, as of 20:00 this evening, the southbound lanes of the Garden State Parkway will be closed south of exit 98. Evan, if you take the GSP, you should be OK as you can get off at exit 98 to Rt.138/I-195 to get to Rt. 18. That's the plan now. The powers that be may decide to close the GSP at an exit farther north before all this storm nonsense subsides.

                          Saw that .... usually I exit for the museum at 105, and I could take
                          other roads such as Rt. 18 ..... definitely keeping an eye on this stuff.