MARCHer Ian King is in the WSJ

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2011
      Does anyone remember Ian King?

      He was a MARCHer from upstate NY until I posted this e-mail

      Now check him out... There is a pic of him in the slideshow

      http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903596904576516552161014410.html
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2011
        >>> Does anyone remember Ian King?

        Of course.

        Wasn't he already in the northwest? Ian Primus is the one from upstate NY.

        Anyway ...

        I'm always glad when mainstream media talks about vintage computing, although miffed when they ignore MARCH. A couple of years ago The Star-Ledger (NJ's biggest daily paper) ran some random article about a small PC museum in Los Angeles! I was mortified.

        I vaguely know the reporter who wrote the WSJ story. She only knows me back professionally as another reporter, not as someone in computer history. I'll email her, but chances are she'll say, "Well, we just covered that topic" .... so instead I'll try the InfoAge angle. That would be better anyhow.
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25, 2011
          On 08/25/2011 08:42 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > Of course.
          >
          > Wasn't he already in the northwest? Ian Primus is the one from
          > upstate NY.

          This is correct.

          > I'm always glad when mainstream media talks about vintage computing,
          > although miffed when they ignore MARCH. A couple of years ago The
          > Star-Ledger (NJ's biggest daily paper) ran some random article about
          > a small PC museum in Los Angeles! I was mortified.

          The trick here is to make sure that they know about the museum.
          Everyone in the classic computing world does, but random journalists who
          are not necessarily technical people may not.

          I have a string or two that I can pull here. I'll get back to you on
          this shortly.

          Dave McGuire
          Port Charlotte, FL
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 25, 2011
            >>> I have a string or two that I can pull here. I'll get back to you on
            this shortly.

            Please hold off on that, and email me privately with details. I don't want to overlap.
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 25, 2011
              On 08/25/2011 05:29 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > this shortly.
              >
              > Please hold off on that, and email me privately with details. I don't want to overlap.

              Acknowledged.

              Dave McGuire
              Port Charlotte, FL