Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Wi-fi Woes..

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 11:53 AM
      Joe,

      The phone should not be a big issue until someone talks on it. How close are
      your neighbors? Do they have Wi-Fi? Try changing channels. Use channel 1, 6
      or 11 only as all the others overlap and thus cause interference.

      Are both the card and router 802.11G or is one of them B? If all devices are
      one or the other, set the router to that standard.

      The dB scale is logarithmic. A 3dB difference is a doubling of signal
      strength so the change you saw is significant.

      Keep notes as you experiment so you don't spin your wheels. Remember, this
      stuff is fun.