Re: [midatlanticretro] Free MS-DOS-era stuff (manuals, peripherals), Brooklyn

  • Madodel
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2011
      > >> Other than the Windows 1.0 manual, everything else you posted is borderline off-topic for this list.
      > >>
      > >> Also, it's rude to make your first message about sales without even introducing yourself.
      > >
      > >Crap.... as Tim just pointed out, you (new guy) are NOT selling
      > >anything, but rather being kind and generous toward us. So, I apologize,
      > >and shall now pull into a corner and work on my reading comprehension
      > >skills. :)
      > >
      > >Sorry!!
      >
      > No worries, Evan! I know that your reaction was influenced by the borderline nature of the items, which I knew I was riding the edge of...having not really been new to this list (I lurked for a long time, and experienced bliss at the VCF a few months ago). I rejoined the list to make my posting, true.
      >
      > The good news is I got a taker from my area who is just thrilled to replace the items that his (ex-)wife had made him get rid of!
      >
      > FYI, all my stuff that's not borderline...I can't even vaguely bring myself to get rid of.
      >
      > - Ken

      You wouldn't happen to have any Microsoft OS/2 items would you? I have just about every version of IBM OS/2 (at least the US releases), but have yet to find any M$ versions. And when I worked with OS/2 it was always the Microsoft releases. I can kick myself for not having taken a copy when they trashed it all.

      Mark

      --
      Madodel<madodel@...> sent by ibisMail!
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2011
        Madodel <madodel@...> wrote:

        >borderline off-topic for this list.

        >even introducing yourself.
        >> >
        >> >Crap.... as Tim just pointed out, you (new guy) are NOT selling
        >> >anything, but rather being kind and generous toward us. So, I
        >apologize,
        >> >and shall now pull into a corner and work on my reading
        >comprehension
        >> >skills. :)
        >> >
        >> >Sorry!!
        >>
        >> No worries, Evan! I know that your reaction was influenced by the
        >borderline nature of the items, which I knew I was riding the edge
        >of...having not really been new to this list (I lurked for a long time,
        >and experienced bliss at the VCF a few months ago). I rejoined the
        >list to make my posting, true.
        >>
        >> The good news is I got a taker from my area who is just thrilled to
        >replace the items that his (ex-)wife had made him get rid of!
        >>
        >> FYI, all my stuff that's not borderline...I can't even vaguely bring
        >myself to get rid of.
        >>
        >> - Ken
        >>

        >You wouldn't happen to have any Microsoft OS/2 items would you? I have
        >just about every version of IBM OS/2 (at least the US releases), but
        >have yet to find any M$ versions. And when I worked with OS/2 it was
        >always the Microsoft releases. I can kick myself for not having taken
        >a copy when they trashed it all.
        >
        >Mark
        >
        >--
        >Madodel<madodel@...> sent by ibisMail!

        I have at least one
      • madodel
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2011
          On 08/20/11 16:16, B Degnan wrote:
          > Madodel<madodel@...> wrote:

          >> borderline off-topic for this list.

          >> even introducing yourself.

          >> apologize,
          >> comprehension

          >>> No worries, Evan! I know that your reaction was influenced by the
          >> borderline nature of the items, which I knew I was riding the edge
          >> of...having not really been new to this list (I lurked for a long time,
          >> and experienced bliss at the VCF a few months ago). I rejoined the
          >> list to make my posting, true.
          >>>
          >>> The good news is I got a taker from my area who is just thrilled to
          >> replace the items that his (ex-)wife had made him get rid of!
          >>>
          >>> FYI, all my stuff that's not borderline...I can't even vaguely bring
          >> myself to get rid of.
          >>>
          >>> - Ken
          >>>

          >> You wouldn't happen to have any Microsoft OS/2 items would you? I have
          >> just about every version of IBM OS/2 (at least the US releases), but
          >> have yet to find any M$ versions. And when I worked with OS/2 it was
          >> always the Microsoft releases. I can kick myself for not having taken
          >> a copy when they trashed it all.
          >>
          >> Mark
          >>
          >> --
          >> Madodel<madodel@...> sent by ibisMail!

          > I have at least one

          Cool. I have the Microsoft OS/2 1.3 manuals, but no media. I've never
          seen a copy of Microsoft OS/2 on eBay. Always IBM. I do have diskette
          images of MS OS/2 1.1 and 1.2.1, but I've never made diskettes from them.

          Mark