RE: [midatlanticretro] TRS 80 Model I - Success

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2005
      That just made me realize -- you said 2000 -- I misread it earlier as 200.  Sorry.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2005
        EVAN...I AM THE EXPERT! LOL LOL! Nah, thats really a
        good distance from the truth. It just seemed to me
        that a rather curious footnote in the most significant
        portion of the computer timeline (that is the onset of
        THE personal computer)...would incite more interest.
        Guess you had to own one back in the day...
        --- evan947@... <evan947@...> wrote:
        > Chris, are you on the classiccmp.org mailing lists?
        That's where you will

        <mailto:rick@...>
        > rick@...
        >
        > _____

        Success

        > congrats Bill...now maybe you can help me with my
        > model 2000 (actually I think the p/s only needs a
        > resistor replaced). Theres enough people interested
        in
        > owning the last computer to carry the TRS-80
        moniker,
        > judging by what Ive seen them go for on Ebay, but
        not
        > much of a basis for discussion. Hence the derth of
        > activity in the group I created for it -
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tandy2000/ - and other
        > semi-compatibles. Am I the only one that finds these
        > things unique and interesting?
        > --- billdeg@... <billdeg@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Just thought I would announce the successful
        > restoration of a complete
        > > TRS 80 Model I (level II 16K), Expansion
        Interface,
        > and dual Percom
        > > Disk Drives. In total it runs on 48K. After this
        > post I am going to
        > > put up some screen shots as proof of the
        > restoration.
        > > vintagecomputer.net/tandy/trs80_1/
        > >
        > > I had been working on this project off and on for
        2
        > years. Finding
        > > working parts has been a challenge. The final bit
        > was to replace the
        > > 1771 chip on the expansion unit (for operating the
        > drives), and then
        > > whammo we were in business. This is what it's all
        > about (at least for
        > > me).
        > >
        > > The game Elimiator (one of the screen shots) was
        the
        > inspiration for
        > > the arcade game Defender
        > >
        > > BD