Re: [midatlanticretro] Bill D Pics

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
      We are talking USA here, there were different names for same B Series
      Commodore machines in Europe.
      The BX256 was never released, but yes it would have run current DOS and
      CP/M86 if it had been released in 1982 or 3. Note that only the hi profile
      B series systems had 256K, and none were sold with an 8088
      co-processor. Technically the model would have been called CBM-256-80BX

      Any B series system with an 8088 coprocessor is a "BX" model.

      There were Commodore labs prototypes 8088 co-processors and some of these
      have escaped the junk heap.

      If you're interested in this topic, my VCF exhibit will be a
      highlight. hint hint.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
        Bill,

        The one picture I looked at was nice - impressive even. How about adding an
        index.htm that displays the pictures to make it easier for lazy people like
        me?

        Jim

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
          jim,
          I have a lot to do with this site. I am in the perpetual uploading
          pictures phase of the project. I have not added any design/html. I will
          this Spring.
          Bill