Re: TRS 80 Model III power supply... up in smoke...

  • jack99rubin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2011
      Good rule of thumb - _NEVER_ leave a vintage machine plugged in to a live circuit if you have to leave the area. Many machines have filters on the AC side of the power supply that can fail shorted and create a bit of excitement. Especially common with Apple II and DEC BA123 among others. Using a switched power strip helps, but even then I prefer to unplug any vintage power cables when I walk away.

      Jack