re: [midatlanticretro] Re: TRS 80 Model III repairs

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15 8:24 AM

      > Bill,
      >
      > Does your shop also repair Model IV and Model I computers?
      >
      > I have a variety that need some work to be fully operational.
      >
      > As far as this particular Model III I have, I'm just going to try fixing
      it myself. I've been working on a video board for one of my Model IV(s)
      but I'm making slow progress on it, plus I'm scared of being shocked, so I
      move very cautiously. :)

      > Thanks,
      > Ed

      Ed,

      Yes we do repairs of the IV and I, within my bounded talents.

      Basically I have enough parts to fix most any common TRS and PCDOS Tandy
      personal computer (vs. time-consuming repair). I don't have a bottomless
      supply, but at the moment I have a pretty thorough inventory to keep what
      systems I have now going for another 20 years. Some of this supply I am
      using for repairs until it runs out.

      Recently I did away with all of my Tandy 8" drive business systems parts
      and computers, for space reasons.

      If you're going to fix the model III yourself......I donated TRS 80 III
      parts to MARCH, which are now located at InfoAge, so you can bargain with
      Evan/me/Justin/Andy to buy parts if you need them. Proceeds go to MARCH
      operations budget. I am sure that there is at least one working power
      supply.