floppy tape drives available

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2006
      I have a box full. Don't know which work, or which don't. Some Colorado,
      Exabyte, Connor, HP, others. 6 in all.

      Free, just cover shipping from 07461 (Wantage, NJ) if anyone has a need for
      them.

      Kelly
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        what the h is a floppy tape drive? I have an old
        Colorado unit in my ATjr...it don't flop at all
        though.

        --- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

        > I have a box full. Don't know which work, or which
        > don't. Some Colorado,
        > Exabyte, Connor, HP, others. 6 in all.
        >
        > Free, just cover shipping from 07461 (Wantage, NJ)
        > if anyone has a need for
        > them.
        >
        > Kelly

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
          Tape drive that connects to the floppy interface. Made popular by Mountain,
          Colorado, et al.

        • chrism3667
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...>
            wrote:

            > Tape drive that connects to the floppy interface. Made popular by
            Mountain,
            > Colorado, et al.

            Ahhh, now I understand. It was rather perplexing at first teehee.
            Actually I'm not so sure my unit runs of the floppy. It could I guess.
            Never studied it in detail. And my ATjr pooped the bed :(.
          • Degnan
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
              There were drives that had the same protocols as a floppy but were
              tapes. I have two or three of various ilks with documentation.
              This was a way to have a 5/7.5 MB "floppy" for backups, etc. Tallgrass
              was one of the early ones.
              Bill

              At Thursday, 2 February 2006, you wrote:

              >what the h is a floppy tape drive? I have an old
              >Colorado unit in my ATjr...it don't flop at all
              >though.
              >
              >--- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
              >
              >> I have a box full. Don't know which work, or which
              >> don't. Some Colorado,
              >> Exabyte, Connor, HP, others. 6 in all.
              >>
              >> Free, just cover shipping from 07461 (Wantage, NJ)
              >> if anyone has a need for
              >> them.
              >>
              >> Kelly

              -- E N D --