Re: [midatlanticretro] Free Osborne I in Phila area

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
      On 08/12/2011 05:22 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
      > What gets me is the deviousness. I mean *why* go through all of the
      > trouble? You'd have to somehow find out about or already know about the
      > collectibility of the Osborne 1, then make the post manually, then set up
      > the reply system. There has to be better things to do all day.

      I'm sure the whole thing is canned, just requiring a little bit of
      research, then "fire and forget", and then collect known-good email
      addresses.

      The spammers wouldn't be doing this if it didn't make them money. :-(

      Dave McGuire
      Port Charlotte, FL
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
        The first time I saw this was with another computer..
        So this is not the first time..

        There was someone "selling" a H9 in CT for what had to have been 3 months, I would e-mail and I would get nothing.. Then the spam rolled in.. They kept re-posting that offer.

        It just so happens that the one you posted looked exactly like the one I got caught in. But it was not in the free area, it was in the computer area.

        e-mail harvesters are getting more sophisticated.
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
          On 08/12/2011 07:02 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:
          > The first time I saw this was with another computer..
          > So this is not the first time..
          >
          > There was someone "selling" a H9 in CT for what had to have been 3 months, I would e-mail and I would get nothing.. Then the spam rolled in.. They kept re-posting that offer.
          >
          > It just so happens that the one you posted looked exactly like the one I got caught in. But it was not in the free area, it was in the computer area.
          >
          > e-mail harvesters are getting more sophisticated.

          Ways to break their fingers, and perhaps beat them up on their own
          front lawns in front of their spouses and children, need to become more
          sophisticated as well.

          Dave McGuire
          Port Charlotte, FL
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011

            http://media.desura.com/images/members/1/366/365912/OffMyLawn.jpg

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
              On 08/12/2011 07:22 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
              >> Ways to break their fingers, and perhaps beat them up on their own
              >> front lawns in front of their spouses and children, need to become more
              >> sophisticated as well.
              >
              > http://media.desura.com/images/members/1/366/365912/OffMyLawn.jpg

              ROFL!!!

              --