Bill D Pics

  • Degnan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2006
      If anyone is interested, I put up some new pics of my workshop/storage
      room for vintage computers. This is a humidity-controlled basement
      room, with wood and cement surfaces to reduce static.

      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/pictures/

      Bill D

      -- E N D --
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
        Very respectable collection Bill. And properly
        maintained. Keep up the good work.

        While on the topic of Commodore stuph, did anyone
        ever hear of the Commodore BX256 or something like
        that. I don't have it in front of me, but there was a
        bit in an old Byte - no pun intended - about an early
        PCish puter by Commodore. I'm not talking about the
        later stuph - the Colt and all that (I don't think).
        Or perhaps it was just a codename for something that
        had yet to come out (like Peanut = PCjr). This was
        fairly early though. Commodore's PC's didn't come out
        until at least '85 as far as I know. I could be wrong
        though...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
          We are talking USA here, there were different names for same B Series
          Commodore machines in Europe.
          The BX256 was never released, but yes it would have run current DOS and
          CP/M86 if it had been released in 1982 or 3. Note that only the hi profile
          B series systems had 256K, and none were sold with an 8088
          co-processor. Technically the model would have been called CBM-256-80BX

          Any B series system with an 8088 coprocessor is a "BX" model.

          There were Commodore labs prototypes 8088 co-processors and some of these
          have escaped the junk heap.

          If you're interested in this topic, my VCF exhibit will be a
          highlight. hint hint.

          Bill

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
            Bill,

            The one picture I looked at was nice - impressive even. How about adding an
            index.htm that displays the pictures to make it easier for lazy people like
            me?

            Jim

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
              jim,
              I have a lot to do with this site. I am in the perpetual uploading
              pictures phase of the project. I have not added any design/html. I will
              this Spring.
              Bill