Free Osborne I in Phila area

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/zip/2505952407.html

      (I saw this on craigslist in the free section)
      Bill Degnan
    • Christian Liendo

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
          This was the e-mail I got..
          needless to say, Craigslist sucks

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
            On 08/12/2011 05:16 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:
            > This was the e-mail I got..

            Yeah, I've seen that one a few times.

            > needless to say, Craigslist sucks

            *People* suck. Craigslist is just a medium through which they can
            bring their suckage upon us.

            -Dave

            >> From: beththompson113@...
            >> Subject: Re: RE: Osborne
            >> To: christian_liendo@...
            >>
            >> Hey,
            >>
            >> I am very very sorry.... the other person replied back again, it turns out her other message went to the spam mail and I missed it. I feel like such a jerk....
            >>
            >> You know, if it's any consolation, I've been earning really good money from this work at home program and they just opened up 2 more positions in our area. Basically you make money by posting links on the internet, it's really simple and I usually just do it while watching TV.
            >>
            >> Here's the link if you wanna check it out:
            >>
            >> http://[I am not going to advertise the domain name]/?article=60195
            >>
            >> I've earned about $600 each week since I began.. not enough to stop working yet but I actually have some spare money in my checking account lol. My sister is planning on signing up later and these positions usually go fast, so I'd really appreciate it if you didnt share the link with anyone else.
            >>
            >> Thanks a lot and again, really sorry about the whole mixup..
            >>

            >> Beth

            Dave McGuire
            Port Charlotte, FL
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
              wow what an anus

              Bill Degnan

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
                On 08/12/2011 05:17 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                > wow what an anus

                Yes, a festering one, with pustules.

                Dave McGuire
                Port Charlotte, FL
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
                  What gets me is the deviousness. I mean *why* go through all of the
                  trouble? You'd have to somehow find out about or already know about the
                  collectibility of the Osborne 1, then make the post manually, then set up
                  the reply system. There has to be better things to do all day.

                  Bill Degnan

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
                    On 08/12/2011 05:22 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                    > What gets me is the deviousness. I mean *why* go through all of the
                    > trouble? You'd have to somehow find out about or already know about the
                    > collectibility of the Osborne 1, then make the post manually, then set up
                    > the reply system. There has to be better things to do all day.

                    I'm sure the whole thing is canned, just requiring a little bit of
                    research, then "fire and forget", and then collect known-good email
                    addresses.

                    The spammers wouldn't be doing this if it didn't make them money. :-(

                    Dave McGuire
                    Port Charlotte, FL
                  • Christian Liendo
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
                      The first time I saw this was with another computer..
                      So this is not the first time..

                      There was someone "selling" a H9 in CT for what had to have been 3 months, I would e-mail and I would get nothing.. Then the spam rolled in.. They kept re-posting that offer.

                      It just so happens that the one you posted looked exactly like the one I got caught in. But it was not in the free area, it was in the computer area.

                      e-mail harvesters are getting more sophisticated.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
                        On 08/12/2011 07:02 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:
                        > The first time I saw this was with another computer..
                        > So this is not the first time..
                        >
                        > There was someone "selling" a H9 in CT for what had to have been 3 months, I would e-mail and I would get nothing.. Then the spam rolled in.. They kept re-posting that offer.
                        >
                        > It just so happens that the one you posted looked exactly like the one I got caught in. But it was not in the free area, it was in the computer area.
                        >
                        > e-mail harvesters are getting more sophisticated.

                        Ways to break their fingers, and perhaps beat them up on their own
                        front lawns in front of their spouses and children, need to become more
                        sophisticated as well.

                        Dave McGuire
                        Port Charlotte, FL
                      • Mike Loewen
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011

                          http://media.desura.com/images/members/1/366/365912/OffMyLawn.jpg

                          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 12, 2011
                            On 08/12/2011 07:22 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
                            >> Ways to break their fingers, and perhaps beat them up on their own
                            >> front lawns in front of their spouses and children, need to become more
                            >> sophisticated as well.
                            >
                            > http://media.desura.com/images/members/1/366/365912/OffMyLawn.jpg

                            ROFL!!!

                            --