Re: [midatlanticretro] the Datapoint 2200, smart terminal, dumb move

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2011
      No, Datapoint 2200 is super-rare.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "Jeff Jonas" <jeff_s_jonas@...>
      Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 17:44:38
      To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] the Datapoint 2200, smart terminal, dumb move

      A fellow on the CP/M newsgroup posted some history I never knew: the Intel 8008 chip was actually designed and proposed by a customer who gave up on it (delivered too late for intended product). Despite that, in June, 1970 a "smart terminal" grew into what was the first PC, with modems, ARCnet and many peripherals. Do we have any?

      http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=596

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datapoint_2200

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2011
        understatement

        ....but then I never thought I'd be working on three Polymorphic Poly
        88's either, so..

        Bill