the Datapoint 2200, smart terminal, dumb move

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2011
      A fellow on the CP/M newsgroup posted some history I never knew: the Intel 8008 chip was actually designed and proposed by a customer who gave up on it (delivered too late for intended product). Despite that, in June, 1970 a "smart terminal" grew into what was the first PC, with modems, ARCnet and many peripherals. Do we have any?

      http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=596

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datapoint_2200
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2011
        No, Datapoint 2200 is super-rare.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2011
          understatement

          ....but then I never thought I'd be working on three Polymorphic Poly
          88's either, so..

          Bill