Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Scelbi 8H/8B- looking for information

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 9:13 PM
      On 8/3/11 11:58 PM, B Degnan wrote:
      >> Hmm - maybe - though although the Mark-8 uses the same 8008 as the
      >> Scelbi, the implementation is quite different - they are not clones.
      >
      > true, I was only thinking if I made a competing 8008 system I might
      > want to check out the other one too. See how it worked, etc.

      It would've been foolish not to! Nowadays most people (our kind of
      people anyway) know exactly how to design a small computer. In the
      early 1970s that simply wasn't so; designers were totally in the dark.
      App notes and example circuits are useful, but aren't always very good
      or very clear. In those days, it was all a brand new art.

      Dave McGuire
      Port Charlotte, FL