Sol 20 Keyboard/Re: TRS-80 Model II keyboard

  • Win Heagy
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 1 6:01 PM
      Since this thread, has anyone found a source of pre-made capacitive foam keyboard inserts? I have a Sol 20 that I'm rebuilding and the keyboard is shot. I saw the page showing how to make them, just wondering if anyone knows of a source of pre-made pads?

      Thanks,

      Win

      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 3 7:14 AM
        I have seen kits on Ebay from time to time, none recently. $60 each
        or something like that.
        Bill

        At 09:01 PM 8/1/2011, you wrote:
        >Since this thread, has anyone found a source of pre-made capacitive
        >foam keyboard inserts? I have a Sol 20 that I'm rebuilding and the
        >keyboard is shot. I saw the page showing how to make them, just
        >wondering if anyone knows of a source of pre-made pads?
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Win
        >
        >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > The hand punch I'm using for the new
        > > > procedure is this one (Ebay #360177115953).
        > > That says it handles 14 AWG. I know that's the thickness of metal
        > it can handle. That is no where near the thickness of the keyboard
        > pads. Is the opening actually high enough for the 1/4" foam sandwich?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Kelly

      • jack99rubin
        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 5 5:01 AM
          Check with Erik Klein - Vintage Computer Forum - he's been selling kits of the inserts occasionally.

          Jack