Re: [midatlanticretro] Indus GT Drives (Commodore 1541 Compatible) : Was[Looking for a C-64 Disk Drive, and a TRS-80 Model II/4/4P]

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2011
      At 09:27 PM 7/31/2011, you wrote:
      > > Evan/Jeff,
      > > You should set these aside and test them.
      > > bd
      >
      >I tested both of them today. One of them was working fine. The other didn't
      >work. It started up with an "ER" message, which I assume means error.
      >Nothing in the manual as to what the problem is. There were all numeric
      >error codes. I will have to research this as I'm not familiar with these
      >drives. I had not even heard of these drives before this weekend, but they
      >are really cool ! They show the track number that they are accessing on the
      >front with an LED.

      One is better than none. I suggest you swap parts to determine what
      of the non-working drive is bad so it can be fixed. For testing and
      back-room stuff use these drives to preserve the CBM-branded units
      for demos. A true CBM collector would rather see the Indus drives in
      a demo, but the general public would probably want to see a CBM
      drive....anyway great to know that these are around.