Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Vintage Computer Museum in Mountain View CA

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 29, 2011
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      > Yes. ;) Unfortunately the best I've worked on was SECDED.

      That's typically all I've seen too and that usually suffices for memory.
      CRC, for example, is relatively easy to implement in the logic, whereas
      circuitry to implement a BCH or Reed-Solomon encoder would probably make
      the memory price prohibitive.
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
        On Jul 29, 2011, at 1:29 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
        > On Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Dave McGuire wrote:
        >
        >> (Jeeze I feel geeky now. I'm sitting in a hotel in Georgia with a
        >> broken-down rental truck awaiting a replacement. Thank heaven for good
        >> connectivity at least!)
        >
        > Were you loaded or empty?

        Empty; that was a blessing. They got me a new truck and all was well.

        Now I'm in FL with the truck 98% loaded, but I'm in the ER with my fiancee' who thought now would be a good time to require the removal of her appendix. She goes under the knife in a few minutes.

        What a fun trip!

        Dave McGuire
        Port Charlotte, FL
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011

          On Aug 2, 2011 7:14 AM, "Dave McGuire" <Mcguire@...> wrote:

          >  Now I'm in FL with the truck 98% loaded, but I'm in the ER with my fiancee' who thought now would be a good time to require the removal of her appendix.  She goes under the knife in a few minutes.
          >
          >  What a fun trip!

          Don't forget to have them save it in a jar !
          It brings lasting memories :)

          =Dan