Re: [midatlanticretro] "Wasting time" on old computers

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2011
      On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 09:00:22AM -0400, B Degnan wrote:
      > Maybe sometime you could post a video of the process used to do this
      > kind of thing...

      My knowledge of what I am doing is a couple hours watching my father in
      law use it, a little instruction from him and reading a book.

      I thought about documenting more on how I did it but my technique is probably
      poor. I didn't really want to teach people how to do things wrong.
      For lathe operating instructions youtube should have a lot better
      videos than anything I can do. A video might still be useful with disclaimers
      for in general showing how you can recreate missing pieces for old equipment
      like this and for general entertainment. I think it is kind of neat watching
      the metal be removed especially when you get the long curly fry type shavings.

      I am planning to add more to the page with more description of how I
      made the parts and dimensions to help anybody who needed to make the part
      for there plotter.

      With this information you think the video is still a good idea? I have one
      more part to make so can try something next year.