Re: [midatlanticretro] re:Lisa landfill

  • Degnan
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 26, 2006
      I know that nearby where I live there are supposedly "bulldozed under"
      Commodore P500's. I have called QVC (the home shopping tv station)
      who now occupies the property once owned by Commodore in West Chester,
      PA. As you would expect they don't know much...but if anyone would
      like to do an expedition on the grounds of the office complex, let
      me know. I was told that they buried them "out back" but that's
      about all anyone knows. Would I run around with a metal detector
      and a shovel; yes I would! Anyone up for it? They could be buried
      under a parking lot by now...might make a fun little video. Imagine
      people digging for computers behind the QVC studio parking lot.

      Taking the video concept another step..has anyone seen the "Best
      In Show" movie about dog show particpants? Are we not the real-life
      equivalent of that movie, being so involved with such a specialized
      field as vintage computers to the point of doing a festival? Our
      group has some unique personalities, yes? I for one admit that I
      take this whole thing a little too far (ask my wife), but I don't
      care, if you're going to pick a hobby might as well dive in!

      I hope that this event is recorded for posterity. I will bring a
      video camera, maybe I will have time to do some interviews at the
      show.

      I posted my VCF exhibit on the VCF 3 site, I have not seen it yet,
      but I assume it's in pending status waiting for the site admin to
      approve and post to the public.

      Bill D

      -- E N D --
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 26, 2006
        Strange! I just logged in to the VCF admin site (Sellam hooked me up) and
        there were four exhibits waiting for approval. It's supposed to send me an
        email each time someone registers. Oh well.

        The exhibits are all approved now -- check back there Bill.

> [...]

        >> 'hope this helps
        >>
        >> JohnL
        >>

        >> The
        >>
        >> --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <ezme@r...>
        >wrote:
        >> >
        >> > I am using brass and aluminum to fabricate scale
        >models. I need to
        >> > blacken the metals rather than paint them. I know
        >there was a liquid
        >> > by the name of Ebonol or Ebanol, it seems no
        >longer available. I have
        >> > checked on a substitute made by JAX (Supplied in
        >the Grobet USA
        >> > catalog) but Can$90.00 per gal it is rather
        >expensive. Is there a way
        >> > to achieve a really soft black finish without the
        >use of expensive
        >> > chemicals? The models in question will have some
        >soft soldered joins
        >> > so it won't be safe to apply any amount of heat.

        -- E N D --