OT: error messages (since this has drifted)

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2011
      > Good thing Windows is off-topic here; its errors alone could fill the
      > exhibit hall. I'm fond of, "Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue."

      At a recent conference, one of the keynote speakers gave a great talk
      about his research into what makes messages intuitive or not so much. He
      gave some examples of intuitive user interfaces but then mentioned
      "anything by Microsoft" as unintuitive, then gave a great series of slides
      while using Excel and trying to get help. By the time he had finished all
      the questions, he had forgotten what his original problem was.

      FWIW, this was the most intuitive web site they could find:

      http://www.umbrellatoday.com/

      Bob