Re: [midatlanticretro] Big thanks: Rolf L.

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 17 5:35 PM

      >> MARCH thanks our latest benefactor, Rolf L., who brought us goodies today: an original Apple II, a Lisa II (with keyboard, etc., not like our others), a Laser 128, several Powerbooks, a tape drive, two Apple II+(s), and a promise of more to come including some rare S-100 systems in the future.
      > Something strange happened today: almost everything went as planned!
      >
      > Our new "straight" Apple II fired right up.
      >
      > Rolf says the Lisa worked the last time he tried it five years ago.
      > Looking forward to trying it one of these days.
      >
      > The Laser 128 looks beat-up, but there are more coming.
      >
      > There's a whole box of Powerbooks. We will keep one or two and sell the
      > rest.

      I forgot to mention (because I always forget something) .... Rolf also
      brought us to Ampere portables, an Osborne, and an Amstrad PPC640 with
      the case, manual, and power supply. That's a very interested portable
      from Britain. Very unique-looking machine. We removed the Tandy CoCo 2
      from the consumer micro exhibit room (Room 5) and put the Amstrad in its
      place, next to the Sinclair ZX-81 of course.