VCF MW

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 20, 2011
      Anyone planning to go from MARCH? If I can afford it I plan to fly out
      Friday.

      Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 20, 2011
        > Anyone planning to go from MARCH? If I can afford it I plan to fly out Friday.
        >
        > Bill Degnan

        Maybe. I'd like to go but I probably can't afford it.
      • Justin Jernigan
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 20, 2011
          Yes, planning on flying out Friday. I will rent a car if you need a ride - maybe we can coordinate flight times to be close. Not sure about exhibit, has to be small or something I can (gasp) emulate, was thinking about something related to history of "hack'em" programs as it will travel well.

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 21, 2011
            Justin Jernigan <jaj@...> wrote:

            >Yes, planning on flying out Friday. I will rent a car if you need a
            >ride -
            >maybe we can coordinate flight times to be close. Not sure about
            >exhibit,
            >has to be small or something I can (gasp) emulate, was thinking about
            >something related to history of "hack'em" programs as it will travel
            >well.
            >
            > _____

            If I exhibit it will be a suitcase exhibit.
          • Jason T
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 21, 2011
              On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

              > Anyone planning to go from MARCH? If I can afford it I plan to fly out
              > Friday.
              >
              > Bill Degnan

              We out here at ChiClassicComp hope to meet at least as many MARCHins
              this year as we did last year. At least one attendee from last year
              is hoping Dan Roganti will come out and do his transistor workshop.
              Word gets around!

              -j
            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 28, 2011
                On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Jason T <silent700@...> wrote:
                On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                > Anyone planning to go from MARCH? If I can afford it I plan to fly out
                > Friday.
                >
                > Bill Degnan

                We out here at ChiClassicComp hope to meet at least as many MARCHins
                this year as we did last year.  At least one attendee from last year
                is hoping Dan Roganti will come out and do his transistor workshop.
                Word gets around!

                I really appreciate the concern and recognition.
                But unfortunately, I'm switching into low gear for the rest of the year. Things are really tight for any roadtrips - got bills to pay, both kids are in college now, so I have to downgrade alot. I'm planning a move at the end of the year to cut expenses. I'm not even sure if I can make it Maker Faire this year or visit my family for Xmas. But I plan to rebound after the beginning of the year and come back with a rejuvenated Transistor Logic kit (with PCB) and another kit for next year's VCF that I hope some of you might like.

                =Dan

              • Jason T
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 11, 2011
                  Hey all you Eastern folks...the preparation for VCFMW is ramping up and I need to start making plans for table allocation and layout.  Anyone planning to head out that wants some space to exhibit, demo, hack, etc., please go to the website and fill out the exhibitor form.  This will make sure an email shows up in the right place in my mailbox and does not get missed.

                  If anyone has a talk or time-sensitive demo they'd like to give, you are more than welcome to do so.  There's another web form on the page for that, too.

                  http://vcfmw.org

                  Thanks and hope to see as many of you this year as last!

                  -jht

                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
                    At 12:20 AM 8/12/2011, you wrote:

                    >Hey all you Eastern folks...the preparation for VCFMW is ramping up
                    >and I need to start making plans for table allocation and
                    >layout. Anyone planning to head out that wants some space to
                    >exhibit, demo, hack, etc., please go to the website and fill out the
                    >exhibitor form. This will make sure an email shows up in the right
                    >place in my mailbox and does not get missed.

                    All
                    Who from MARCH is going? I am 80% at this point, I was planning on
                    making my travel arrangements this weekend, but I wanted to be sure
                    my budget would allow for the trip first so I have been
                    delayed. (waiting for vendors to pay me). I have to make sure that
                    it's cost effective to fly out.

                    Jason
                    I don't have an exhibit planned at the moment, but assuming that I
                    will attend the event, I will try to bring a one-table
                    exhibit. Please let us know the deadline, or announce when there are
                    only a few spots left.

                    Bill
                  • Mike Loewen
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
                      On Fri, 12 Aug 2011, B Degnan wrote:

                      > Who from MARCH is going? I am 80% at this point, I was planning on
                      > making my travel arrangements this weekend, but I wanted to be sure
                      > my budget would allow for the trip first so I have been
                      > delayed. (waiting for vendors to pay me). I have to make sure that
                      > it's cost effective to fly out.

                      Would you like to take a batch of "VCF MW 2011" punched cards along to
                      sell for M.A.R.C.H. for $1.00 a piece?

                      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                    • David Greelish
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
                        << All
                        Who from MARCH is going? I am 80% at this point, I was planning on
                        making my travel arrangements this weekend, but I wanted to be sure
                        my budget would allow for the trip first so I have been
                        delayed. (waiting for vendors to pay me). I have to make sure that
                        it's cost effective to fly out. >>

                        Bill,

                        I'm also at about 80% sure I won't know 100% and start buying a plane ticket and hotel room until another week or so. Hey, want to share a room maybe?

                        Jason,

                        If it's OK, I'll be selling copies of my freshly printed book "The Complete Historically Brewed". I'll probably just shipped some and carry a few around at a time to sell.

                        BTW anyone, this is the last weekend of my Kickstarter campaign. It's doing great and is totally funded, plus double my modest minimum goal, but the more pre-orders I get, the more I can print up-front. Pre-order your special Kickstarter edition of my computer history book - http://kck.st/rjdJ88

                        Thanks!
                        Best,

                        David Greelish, Computer Historian
                        President, Atlanta Historical Computing Society

                        Classic Computing
                        The Home of Computer History Nostalgia
                        http://www.classiccomputing.com

                        Classic Computing Blog
                        Classic Computing Show video podcast
                        "Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer" audiobook podcast
                        Retro Computing Roundtable podcast

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 3, 2011
                          Three weeks to VCF MW.
                          Bill
                        • David Greelish
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 4, 2011
                            << Three weeks to VCF MW.
                            Bill >>

                            Yah! I'll be there!
                            Best,
                            David Greelish, Computer Historian
                            President, Atlanta Historical Computing Society

                            Classic Computing
                            The Home of Computer History Nostalgia
                            http://www.classiccomputing.com

                            Classic Computing Blog
                            Classic Computing Show video podcast
                            "Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer" audiobook podcast
                            Retro Computing Roundtable podcast

                          • Jack Rubin
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 4, 2011
                              Anybody driving out? I've got some stuff to go back to MARCH.
                              Jack
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 4, 2011
                                Of the people I know from MARCH who are going AND live close enough
                                to be able to drop off items at InfoAge, all are taking the plane.
                                Bill

                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 13, 2013
                                  Who from MARCH is going to VCF MW?

                                  Bill Degnan (flying in Friday afternoon)
                                  ?????????
                                  ?????????
                                • Randy Kindig
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 13, 2013
                                    I am!

                                    Randy Kindig
                                    Floppy Days Podcast

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 27, 2014

                                      Who is going to VCF MW this year AND wants a table?  I told them four tables for MARCH members (me/Justin/Ian?/Bob Applegate/Mouse?/??

                                      let me know and I will help coordinate with Jason T.  September 13-14, 2014, Lombard, IL

                                      I usually fly there and bring a suitcase exhibit of some sort...

                                      http://vintagecomputer.net/vcfmw-ECCC_2010/

                                      http://vintagecomputer.net/vcfmw-ECCC_2011/

                                      http://vintagecomputer.net/vcfmw-ECCC_2012/

                                      http://vintagecomputer.net/vcfmw-ECCC_2013/

                                    • Bob Applegate

                                        Message 19 of 19 , May 27, 2014
                                          Jason checks this list, esp if VCFMW is in the subject header...I know Justin already has travel arrangements made, I have not yet, but I probably will be going. I always say "probably" up until the last minute.