Was : Re: [midatlanticretro] Identifying a (PC JR ?) Token Ring Card

  • Brian Heise
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2006
      Along the lines of internal cards....there are some odd ball ones out there for the jr!  I have a RIM SCSI card, and controller board...the RIM SCSI card plugs into the modem slot on the inside of the jr and when used with a booting cartridge, gives the user yet another option for bootable HD.  I had another card that was very very similar to the RIM SCSI; modem slot sized, about the same make-up and ICs, etc...but it was not a RIM SCSI card...Ill have to pull that one out sometime.... If I remember correctly, there were also other floppy drive add-on options that would plug in at the modem slot as well...

      Brian

      Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
      Bill,

      I do not believe that anyone - even IBM - made a tokenring adapter for the
      jr. IBM was determined that the jr remain in the home and school so they did
      everything they could to make it unsuitable for the office.

      All PCjr adapters are side cars (except, as Brian noted, internal modems). If
      your NIC has a card-edge connector, it is not for the jr.

      I just found a picture (www.micro-zone.com/ASTnetiijr.htm) of the board in
      the AST PCnet IIjr side card. It has a telephone-style modular jack on one
      end. The PCjr Cluster side car has a coax connector so it's easy to tell the
      difference.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2006
        Ok..I thought it was a long shot.