Lots o' Apples - anyone want to buy?

  • David
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 17, 2011
      "Vintage Macintosh 20 Pieces Local Pickup only"

      "Local Pickup only Bergen County NJ

      8 miles from NYC"

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320725254563

      Best,

      David Greelish, Computer Historian
      President, Atlanta Historical Computing Society

      Classic Computing
      The Home of Computer History Nostalgia
      http://www.classiccomputing.com

      Classic Computing Blog
      Classic Computing Show video podcast
      "Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer" audiobook podcast
      Retro Computing Roundtable podcast
    • David

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 20, 2011
          I did not repost this, so ??? This actually happened recently on the AHCS email list too, running on Yahoo. Do you guys see this happening very much?

          6a.

          Lots o' Apples - anyone want to buy?

          Posted by: "David" dgreelish@...   dgreelish@...

          Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 am (PDT)

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 20, 2011
            I noticed that, hummm.

            Bill Degnan

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 20, 2011
              > I did not repost this, so ??? This actually happened recently on the
              > AHCS email list too, running on Yahoo. Do you guys see this happening
              > very much?

              We don't see it often, but, yes -- I am noticing several messages pop
              onto our list today that folks posted several days ago. Strange.
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 20, 2011
                On 07/20/2011 02:08 PM, David Greelish wrote:
                > I did not repost this, so ??? This actually happened recently on the
                > AHCS email list too, running on Yahoo. Do you guys see this happening
                > very much?

                This kind of stuff has been happening on many Yahoo! lists for a
                while now. That, plus the periodic rumblings about them possibly
                discontinuing mailing list hosting, suggests that people should keep
                other options in mind just in case.

                On that note, if MARCH, or any other organization that I deem to be
                cool and useful, requires such services as the hosting of mailing lists,
                forums, web or ftp sites, etc, I am happy do host them on my network.
                It has been around for a good bit longer than Yahoo!, isn't subject to
                corporate whims, and is probably running on better equipment. ;)

                Dave McGuire
                Port Charlotte, FL
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 20, 2011
                  > On 07/20/2011 02:08 PM, David Greelish wrote:
                  > > I did not repost this, so ??? This actually happened recently on the
                  > > AHCS email list too, running on Yahoo. Do you guys see this happening
                  > > very much?
                  >
                  > This kind of stuff has been happening on many Yahoo! lists for a
                  > while now. That, plus the periodic rumblings about them possibly
                  > discontinuing mailing list hosting, suggests that people should keep
                  > other options in mind just in case.

                  I have received a few error messages from the Yahoo server as a result of a
                  post or two lately. Never saw that before. I bet they have recently
                  outsourced the list. Wonder about security too.
                  bd
                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 20, 2011
                    Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                    >On 07/20/2011 02:08 PM, David Greelish wrote: > I did not repost this,
                    >so ??? This actually happened recently on the > AHCS email list too,
                    >running on Yahoo. Do you guys see this happening > very much?
                    >
                    > This kind of stuff has been happening on many Yahoo! lists for a
                    >while now. That, plus the periodic rumblings about them possibly
                    >discontinuing mailing list hosting, suggests that people should keep
                    >other options in mind just in case.
                    >
                    > On that note, if MARCH, or any other organization that I deem to be
                    >cool and useful, requires such services as the hosting of mailing lists,
                    >forums, web or ftp sites, etc, I am happy do host them on my network. It
                    >has been around for a good bit longer than Yahoo!, isn't subject to
                    >corporate whims, and is probably running on better equipment. ;)

                    I too could make the same offer and claims! ;)

                    I maintain no love for, or even like of, Yahoo.
                  • Jeffrey Brace
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 20, 2011
                      > I did not repost this, so ??? This actually happened recently on the
                      > AHCS email list too, running on Yahoo. Do you guys see this happening
                      > very much?

                      We don't see it often, but, yes -- I am noticing several messages pop
                      onto our list today that folks posted several days ago. Strange.

                      *** Yes, Evan, one of your messages from Saturday came to me two days
                      later. The others were sent right away.
                      *** Jeff3 B
                    • Dave
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 21, 2011
                        Yahoo have posted messages on the Moderator Central and Group Moderators
                        Forum saying a mail server was wrongly configured which caused mail from
                        both Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Groups to be delayed.

                        Dave