RE: IBM Series 1

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2011
      From: Kelly D. Leavitt [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Kelly D. Leavitt
      Sent: 13 July 2011 17:21
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: IBM Series 1

      > and I have a Series/1 I can't apparently sell or give
      > away. Seriously, this thing is going to go to the scrapper
      > eminently, please if anyone here has considered taking it please do.
      > Will Donzelli has first dibs (most recent to express interest),
      > but anyone is welcome. If I have time I will disassemble it and keep
      > maybe the 4956, but there are three mombo hard drives and two 4997
      > cabinets. I am concerned that I will be locked out of the building 8/1.

      I would personally love to save the Series/1 but I have no way of getting it
      and no place to store it. Does MARCH have a Series/1? I will contribute
      toward expenses if someone can get this from Bill and get it to infoAge. Any
      takers?

      Kelly

      I am in the Uk so probably would never see the S/1 but if funds will help
      then I am happy to chip in ...

      Dave