Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Help testing a C128D video issue

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2011
      At 09:11 AM 7/8/2011, you wrote:
      >Well, this is all part and parcel of the issue. I picked this C128D
      >up about three years ago, and do not have a Commodore monitor. Based
      >on this forum
      >(http://www.commodore128.org/index.php?topic=453.msg3349#msg3349), I
      >acquired the same converter to connect it to a VGA monitor.

      That's very possibly your problem.

      >However, I feel the issue goes beyond the convert to the C128D video
      >itself, because before even acquiring this video adapter, I
      >attempted to use 80 column monochrome on a composite video display,
      >which also did not work. Pin 7 of the 9-pin video port provides
      >monochrome 80 column mode, so all you need to do is connect it (and
      >gnd) to an RCA jack. I did this years ago on my original C128D, and
      >this forum reaffirms my memory
      >(http://www.commodore128.org/index.php?topic=1725.0)

      I would suggest regardless you get a Commodore 1950 or 1802 and try
      those, with the proper cable (four wire). It's very possible that
      I am wrong, but I would rule out the possibility that you have the
      wrong monitor/cable combination first. I know that with the Amiga
      systems this is also an issue.

      Bil Herd, if he's monitoring this thread would be the authority on the subject.