Re: [midatlanticretro] GENIAC

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
        On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 06:07:22PM -0700, Christian Liendo wrote:
        > Here are some images
        >
        > https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6wGPRbVt2cOeMO4dNPaH1XXQJf3ldqXWn3ERfmy76NM?feat=directlink

        Is that a 1960's battery that hasn't leaked?
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
          This is a "Advance Leak Proof Battery" Hermetically sealed for a longer life

          --- On Wed, 7/6/11, David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:
          Is that a 1960's battery that hasn't leaked?
        • RonK
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 7, 2011
            Great Find!
            I donated all my GENIAC stuff to the Computer History Museum out in Mountain View, California, since they are the custodians of all the Edmund C. Berkeley papers.

            Let me know though, if you need any extra screws :-)

            Ron Kushnier

            > I just picked up a unbuilt GENIAC..
            >
            > Only one of the little bags and the manual bag is open..
            >
            > The box is completely busted.

          • RonK
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2011
              The battery holder prongs on my GENIAC were so tight that they squeezed and deformed the zinc casing on the cell. They really knew how to build things back then! :-)

              Ron