GENIAC

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
      I just picked up a unbuilt GENIAC..

      Only one of the little bags and the manual bag is open..

      The box is completely busted.
    • GoodtimePA
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
        >I just picked up a unbuilt GENIAC..

        >Only one of the little bags and the manual bag is open..

        >The box is completely busted.

        That is awesome. Why can't I come across stuff like that? LOL

        Congrats,
        Greg Manuel
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
          • David Gesswein
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
              On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 06:07:22PM -0700, Christian Liendo wrote:
              > Here are some images
              >
              > https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6wGPRbVt2cOeMO4dNPaH1XXQJf3ldqXWn3ERfmy76NM?feat=directlink

              Is that a 1960's battery that hasn't leaked?
            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
                This is a "Advance Leak Proof Battery" Hermetically sealed for a longer life

                --- On Wed, 7/6/11, David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:
                Is that a 1960's battery that hasn't leaked?
              • RonK
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 7, 2011
                  Great Find!
                  I donated all my GENIAC stuff to the Computer History Museum out in Mountain View, California, since they are the custodians of all the Edmund C. Berkeley papers.

                  Let me know though, if you need any extra screws :-)

                  Ron Kushnier

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 7, 2011
                    The battery holder prongs on my GENIAC were so tight that they squeezed and deformed the zinc casing on the cell. They really knew how to build things back then! :-)

                    Ron