Report from Delaware

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 1:10 PM
      Bill Degnan

      -------- Original Message --------

      Same as always, Sun/Weds ok. No gatherings planned, the list has been
      quiet.....

      Herb J just took my PDP 11/34 today. I traded my IBM Series One to Tony
      Eros for a XEROX Star mouse, monitor and keyboard. In theory I *could* try
      to restore the XEROX system I have, it's the 8010 model. Not expecting to
      get too far but I may get serious at least in cleaning and testing power
      etc. I have utility software but none of the GUI software. If the hard
      drive works (and it starts raining spaghetti) I will archive what I can.
      Given it's pedigree (owned by Kirzweil AI) it's worth a try at least.
      vintagecomputer.net/xerox/8010/

      I have also been able to make slow progress with the 11/05 project. I spend
      more time getting the teletype working than the computer unfortunately.
      The computer itself is working flawlessly so far.

      I have started working with Herb on my pdp 11/40. Power supply issues,
      nothing too serious I hope. I expect to get that thing running by Summer's
      end.

      Bob Grieb has an 8080 ICE that he's going to send me to test, and with this
      I will start working on the Poly 88 and a Byt-8 I have had for a while but
      have not started working to restore.

      I also have a number of Amiga systems on one of my work tables.

      Jonathan Chapman and Ian Primus are I think coming this weekend to visit
      the garage sale. If anyone else wants to stop by, let me know.
      (vintagecomputer.net/itemsavailable/2011/)

      Bill 0101