Re: [midatlanticretro] Happy 4th

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011
      Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 10:29 PM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Happy 4th

      Happy Indy Day everyone .... it's nice to live in a county where a
      secret military lab can become a headquarters for something as
      (relatively) trivial as collecting old computers. :)

    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011

        On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        Thank you & happy Forth to you too. ;)

        this is the comp.sci joke,  not Star Wars

        We covered that joke two months ago ... "May the Forth" and "Revenge of the Fifth" .... !!!

        these are the Star Wars joke,  not comp.sci jokes,
        and that has a typo -  it should be "May the Fourth"
        which of course is celebrated on May 4th and the other is on May 5th

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011

          We covered that joke two months ago ... "May the Forth" and "Revenge of the Fifth" .... !!!

          these are the Star Wars joke,  not comp.sci jokes, and that has a typo -  it should be "May the Fourth"
          which of course is celebrated on May 4th and the other is on May 5th

          Yes I get the difference .... just read it too fast.
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011
            Happy Indy Day everyone .... it's nice to live in a county where a
            secret military lab can become a headquarters for something as
            (relatively) trivial as collecting old computers. :)

            *** I have figured out why I have black messages. When I try to snip out
            parts of my reply and bottom post, there is some embedded html somewhere
            that makes it invisible. So I have to use plain text to avoid that problem.

            *** This is the message that should have been sent :
            *** Happy 4th to you !
            *** Strangely I happen to be watching a Twilight Zone episode called
            “Walking Distance” where a grown man walks into the past. His hometown
            exactly as it was when he was a kid. Enjoying his favorite memories of
            summer time Summer is my favorite time as well.
            *** Lots of things happening, places to go, things to do etc.
            *** Jeff B