Re: [midatlanticretro] Happy 4th

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011

      Thank you & happy Forth to you too. ;)

      We covered that joke two months ago ... "May the Forth" and "Revenge of the Fifth" .... !!!
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011
        Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 10:29 PM
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] Happy 4th

        Happy Indy Day everyone .... it's nice to live in a county where a
        secret military lab can become a headquarters for something as
        (relatively) trivial as collecting old computers. :)

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011

          On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          Thank you & happy Forth to you too. ;)

          this is the comp.sci joke,  not Star Wars

          We covered that joke two months ago ... "May the Forth" and "Revenge of the Fifth" .... !!!

          these are the Star Wars joke,  not comp.sci jokes,
          and that has a typo -  it should be "May the Fourth"
          which of course is celebrated on May 4th and the other is on May 5th

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011

            We covered that joke two months ago ... "May the Forth" and "Revenge of the Fifth" .... !!!

            these are the Star Wars joke,  not comp.sci jokes, and that has a typo -  it should be "May the Fourth"
            which of course is celebrated on May 4th and the other is on May 5th

            Yes I get the difference .... just read it too fast.
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011
              Happy Indy Day everyone .... it's nice to live in a county where a
              secret military lab can become a headquarters for something as
              (relatively) trivial as collecting old computers. :)

              *** I have figured out why I have black messages. When I try to snip out
              parts of my reply and bottom post, there is some embedded html somewhere
              that makes it invisible. So I have to use plain text to avoid that problem.

              *** This is the message that should have been sent :
              *** Happy 4th to you !
              *** Strangely I happen to be watching a Twilight Zone episode called
              “Walking Distance” where a grown man walks into the past. His hometown
              exactly as it was when he was a kid. Enjoying his favorite memories of
              summer time Summer is my favorite time as well.
              *** Lots of things happening, places to go, things to do etc.
              *** Jeff B