IBM 1130 tapes

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
      I have read the IBM 1130 9 track tapes. The contents are at
      http://www.pdp8online.com/ftp/misc/ibm_1130/

      The tapes are
      O1130CX14X and 1130CX14X
      1130 DATA PRESENTATION SYSTEM (for 1627 plotter)
      1130CX11X
      NUMERICAL SURFACE TECHNIQUES AND CONTOUR MAP PLOTTING
      1130SE25X
      1130 COMMERCIAL SUBROUTINE PACKAGE
      1130270001
      Who knows
      1130033001
      APL programming language
      1130CX25X
      PROBLEM LANGUAGE ANALYZER (PLAN)
      unlabeled
      Who knows
    • Sypniewski, Bernard Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        Dear David,
             Do you know what the "Problem Language Analyser" is? I am, among other things, a linguist and would be interested if this has to do with natural language processing.
        Bernard Sypniewski
        Department of Computer Science
        Rowan University - Camden Campus

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        • Sypniewski, Bernard Paul
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
            Sounds like, from the brief description, that this might be a decision support system. I'm pretty sure that IBM fooled around with them as did many others.
            Bernard Sypniewski I would be interested in that too.